Join this Intense and Exciting Course –
Earn 32 CE’s
If you are interested in taking the CDE®*
exam or are seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care, this course is for you. Our team of expert faculty
has been fine tuning this course for over ten years, and we know what you need! In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Even if you aren’t quite ready to take the exam or you already are a CDE®
,this course offers so much clinical and practical wisdom, it will benefit you in your daily practice. We promise to keep it real and fun! Through lecture, group activities and case studies, our instructors will highlight the critical knowledge, skills and strategies needed to increase your confidence in taking the CDE®
exam and succeed in diabetes education today. There are no prerequisites to attend this seminar. You decide what seminar or online course is right for you based on your current level of knowledge and your professional goals. We also invite you to read the testimonials
from our seminar graduates to hear what your colleagues are saying.
Accreditation and CE Credit:
Our two and a half day level 2 program is designed for health care professionals (NPs, PAs, RDs, PharmDs, RNs, Case Managers, Social Workers,) who are considering take the CDE® exam.This program is approved for 21 Contact Hours for nurses and CA Pharmacists and 18 CPE, Level III for RDs. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 12640 and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider # DI002. Need hours for your CDE®? We have great news. This program is accredited by the CDR so all hours of instruction can be used to renew your CDE® regardless of your profession. **
Earn 32 CEs – 21 From Live Course and 11.0 CEs from Online Bonus Courses
Bonus Courses Topics – When you register for our live Diabetes Educator Seminar, you automatically receive a bonus bundle of 9 online courses worth 11.0 CEs and valued at $169. Beverly carefully chose each of these bonus courses based on student’s feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDE® Exam and in their clinical practice.
- “Preparing to Take the CDE® Exam” which includes 100 computerized test questions to help you assess your areas of strength and areas where more study is needed
- Diabetes Standards of Care and Prevention – 1.5 CE
- Insulin Pattern Management Gone Crazy – 1.5
- Meds Management for Type 2 – A Patient Centered Approach 1.5 CEs
- DKA and Hyperglycemic Crisis – 0.75 CES
- Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program – 1.5 CE
- Hospital and Hyperglycemia – Getting to Goal – 1.5 CE
- Special Populations (3 courses) – Children, Women, Pregnancy and Older Adults – 3.0 CE
Diabetes Educator Course Topics Include
- Type 1 and 2 Diabetes – More than hyperglycemia
- Insulin – the Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Pattern Management
- Medications for Type 2 Diabetes – From Famine to Feast
- Healthy Coping and Successful Diabetes Education
- Motivational Interviewing
- Complications and Goals of Care – Instilling Hope
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – How to Eat By the Numbers
- Exercise – Turning Exhaustion into Endurance
- From Hypo to Hyperglycemia – Causes and Treatment
- Diabetes Across the Lifespan- Kids, Pregnancy and Elderly
Diabetes Educator plus Advanced Level Course 33.5 CEs
33.5 CE’s include 31 CE’s for the live course combo plus 11 additional CE’s for the free bonus online courses*. Add on our Advanced Level Workshop, “Pump it Up”, to earn an additional 1.5 CEs. Click here to learn more about attending both these courses at a great price.
Are you a health care professional fueled by a passion to improve diabetes care? Are you working towards becoming a Certified Diabetes Educator®? Are you forward looking and actively inspiring others to build a healthier community? If yes, you are invited to apply for a complimentary course registration scholarship for the Diabetes Educator Course. The Award Winner will be announced in our newsletter.
We offer a variety of other resources to help you become a Certified Diabetes Educator®:
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.
**To satisfy the requirement for renewal of certification by continuing education for the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE), continuing education activities must be applicable to diabetes and approved by a provider on the NCBDE List of Recognized Providers (www.ncbde.org). NCBDE does not approve continuing education. Diabetes Education Services is accredited/approved by the Commission of Dietetic Registration which is on the list of NCBDE Recognized Providers.