Diabetes Educator Course Plus Advanced Level Workshop
Earn 33.5 CEs
What is included?
If you need hours to renew or apply for the CDE®*, or are considering taking the BC-ADM exam or are seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care, these courses are designed for you.
Our team of expert faculty
have been fine tuning these courses for over fifteen years, and we know what you need! In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today! These courses offer so much clinical and practical wisdom, it will benefit you in your daily practice. We promise to keep it real and fun! Through lecture, group activities and case studies, our instructors will highlight the critical knowledge, skills and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
What is the Advanced Level Workshop?
“Pump it Up” Workshop – 1.5 CE –Instructed by pump expert Dana Armstrong
Get the latest information on insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring from an expert. This workshop will answer your questions and provide valuable insights.
- Learn how to interpret real life data from a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
- Discuss the basics of insulin pump use and terminology
- Describe basics of problem solving for patients using insulin pumps
- Why wear insulin 24/7?
- Who’s the best candidate? Who should pass on this technology?
- What’s available today? What does the future hold?
Join us for the full 3 day Diabetes Educator Course + the Advanced-Level Workshop.
To learn more about the latest requirements on becoming Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM), we invite you to visit our resource page and sign up for our free webinars.
Diabetes Educator Course Topics Include – 21 CEs + 11 CEs for Online Courses
- Type 1 and 2 Diabetes – More than hyperglycemia
- Insulin – the Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Pattern Management
- Medications for Type 2 Diabetes – From Famine to Feast
- Healthy Coping and Successful Diabetes Education
- Motivational Interviewing
- Complications and Goals of Care – Instilling Hope
- Medical Nutrition Therapy – How to Eat By the Numbers
- Exercise – Turning Exhaustion into Endurance
- From Hypo to Hyperglycemia – Causes and Treatment
- Diabetes Across the Lifespan- Kids, Pregnancy and Elderly
We also invite you to read the testimonials from our seminar graduates to hear what your colleagues are saying.
Accreditation and CE Credit:
Our Diabetes Educator Course
is approved for 21 Contact Hours for nurses and CA Pharmacists and 18 CPE, Level III for RDs. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #12640 and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider #DI002. Need hours for your CDE®**? We have great news. This program is accredited by the CDR so all hours of instruction can be used to renew your CDE® regardless of your profession.
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”
**To satisfy the requirement for renewal of certification by continuing education for the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE), continuing education activities must be applicable to diabetes and approved by a provider on the NCBDE List of Recognized Providers (www.ncbde.org). NCBDE does not approve continuing education. Diabetes Education Services is accredited/approved by the Commission of Dietetic Registration which is on the list of NCBDE Recognized Providers.”