Join our Live Seminar
San Diego, CA
Earn – 32 CEs
“More than a course, it’s an experience!”
Top 5 Reasons to Join >>
Come join us at our Level 2, Diabetes Educator Course in sunny San Deigo, California. Whether you are new to diabetes or a seasoned expert, you’ll leave our live seminars with the latest research plus teaching tools you can immediately apply to your clinical practice. Beverly and her teaching team translate the complex science of diabetes into understandable terms, while keeping it real, practical and fun.
Dates: September 5th -7th, 2018
Location: Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Time: Wednesday September 5th – Thursday September 6th 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Friday September 7th from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Optional Advanced Workshop: Friday, 1:30-3:00 pm.)
Diabetes Educator Course Price: $579
Friend Discount: $499 per person for groups of 2 or more!
Who should attend? Health care professionals interested in taking the CDE® or BC-ADM exam or those seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care. We also invite those in looking for hours to renew or apply for the CDE®* or BC-ADM exam.
Team of Experts:
Our team of expert faculty
has been fine tuning this course for over fifteen years and we know what you need to succeed! In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Course fee includes:
- 2.5 Days: of critical information delivered by passionate speakers in an engaging and fun format!
- 21 CEs: earned at the Live Seminar
- 11 Bonus Online Courses, Earn 11.CEs: As a course attendee, you automatically receive a bonus bundle of 11 online courses worth valued at $179. Coach Beverly carefully chose each of these courses based on student feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDE® Exam and in their clinical practice. You will be given instruction after you purchase the course on how to enroll in our Online University and get started!
- Workbook: 100+ page syllabus, healthy breakfast all days, gourmet lunch both days and refreshments. Plus, CE certificates and a fun and engaging learning environment.
Seminar Location: Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station – 2592 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
This modern hotel is 1.7 miles from the San Diego International Airport and only 4 miles from SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and downtown. Great walking paths right outside the hotel lobby.
- Sleeping rooms for attendees start at $164/night for the nights of September 5-7, 2018.
- The last day to book to get this discount is 8/4/18.
- Conference attendees may book rooms by clicking on this link or calling (619) 221-1900 directly or toll free number (800) 321-2211.
- Please ask for the Diabetes Education 2017, or group code “DES”.
- For more information please visit the Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station website. Reservations are on a space and rate available basis, so book rooms early.
San Diego Diabetes Educator Course + Optional Advanced Workshop – up to 33.5 CEs
Friday from 1:30 to 3:00 – Add on our Optional Advanced Workshop, “Pump it Up” and learn about Continuing Glucose Monitoring and insulin pattern management by our expert Dana Armstrong. Earn 1.5 more CEs.Click here to learn more about attending both these courses at one great price!
Free Insulin Pump Workshop and Lunch – Friday afternoon from 12:30 to 1:15 on. This free lunch and demo is provided compliments of Tandem Insulin Pump. Email Anne to hold your space.
: The Diabetes Educator Live Course is approved for 21 Contact Hours for nurses and CA Pharmacists and 18 CPE, Level III for RDs. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 12640 and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider # DI002. Need hours for your CDE®
? We have great news. This program is accredited by the CDR so all hours of instruction can be used to renew your CDE®
regardless of your profession. **
Refund Policy: In the case of non-attendance, attendees will receive a full refund minus a $75 administrative fee.
Can’t attend our live courses? You can still benefit from our free live webinars, articles and resources and Level 2 Online courses. Whatever you decide. be reassured that we are committed to providing you with the highest quality programs to help you on your journey as a diabetes educator.
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”
**To satisfy the requirement for renewal of certification by continuing education for the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE), continuing education activities must be applicable to diabetes and approved by a provider on the NCBDE List of Recognized Providers (www.ncbde.org). NCBDE does not approve continuing education. Diabetes Education Services is accredited/approved by the Commission of Dietetic Registration which is on the list of NCBDE Recognized Providers.”