AADE Art & Science of Diabetes Desk Reference – 4th Edition 2017 | $239
The new 4th edition includes info to avoid complications, risk and benefits of CGM, and updates regarding DSME Programs.
The Art & Science of Diabetes Self-Management Education Desk Reference – 4th Edition
Published by AADE, the Art & Science Desk Reference 4th Edition is the must-have resource for all diabetes educators. This Desk Reference (2017) is written by practicing Diabetes Educators for Diabetes Educators and provides the core knowledge and essential strategies and skills all educators need to facilitate behavior change in persons with diabetes. Boost your knowledge and keep current with all of the critical changes in the healthcare landscape.
New Updates include:
- practical information educators can use with patients to avoid complications and comorbidities
- risks and benefits of CGM and the educator’s role in working with patients who use CGM
- updated info on incorporating the ADA, AADE, and AND joint position statement and algorithm of care into a DSME program
- Revised practice levels for diabetes educators
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act on diabetes education/educators
- Applying learning theory and cognitive science to the education plan
- Revised ADA/AND evidence-based nutrition recommendations
- Current ADA/EASD consensus statement and AACE algorithm for pharmacologic therapies for people with type 2 diabetes.
Number of pages: 888
Year Published: 2017
Print date: 2017-02-13T00:00:00
Weight: 6.60 lbs.
AADE Art & Science Desk Reference 4th Edition & 4th Edition Review Guide – $289 (Save $39 off retail price!)
We are very happy to offer big savings when you purchase both of these resource books for diabetes. The New AADE 4th Edition Desk Reference & 4th Edition Review Guide Bundle – our most popular AADE Book Bundle for CDE® preparation.
- The Desk Reference(4th Edition, 2016) is almost 900 pages of diabetes information ranging from behavior change, medications, medical nutrition therapy and special populations.
- Diabetes Education Review Guide 4th Edition, 2017: Help you simulate exam day! Includes 450 questions (2 practice exams with over 200 new questions plus 200 updated questions that reflect the latest guidelines). Also includes helpful information on test taking success!
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”