This course discusses common causes of hyperglycemia and strategies to get blood glucose levels to goal. Topics include hyperglycemia secondary to medications and insulin deprivation. The difference and similarities between Diabetes Ketoacidosis and Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Syndrome are also covered. Treatment strategies for all situations are included.
- Common causes of hyperglycemic crises.
- The difference and similarities between DKA and HHS and treatment strategies
- Causes and treatment of hyperglycemic crises.
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone entering the field of diabetes education or for those looking for a new perspective the current state of diabetes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Fee: $19.00 – Click here to enroll in course.
Earn 1.0 CEs
This course is included in: Level 2 – Standards of Care Intensive. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 70%.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care Intensive to join us for the below for Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- December 23, 2020 – Older Adults & Diabetes – 1.5 CEs
- December 29, 2020 – Assessing Coping Skills Standards – 1.5 CEs
- December 30, 2020 – Hyperglycemic Crisis Standards – 1.0 CEs
- February 2, 2021 – 2021 Standards of Care Update – 2.0 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information