Articles and Resources
- Diabetes and Diet » Food can be powerful in preventing and reversing diabetes. However, dietary approaches have changed as we have learned more about the disease. Published by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Vegetarian Starter Kit » an easy to read and colorful handout for patients interested in learning more about a vegetarian diet. Published by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Food for Life, a community based nutrition education and cooking class program »
- Dr. John McDougall based in Santa Rosa, California » (has a great newsletter)
- Vegetarian Starter Kit (English and Spanish) » whys and how’s of a healthier diet, the New Four Food Groups guidelines, practical tips for beginning a vegetarian diet, and delicious low-fat, no-cholesterol recipes. Diet and Diabetes: Recipes for Success (English, Spanish, Indian):
- English (English language and food)
- Spanish (Spanish language and food)
- Indian (English language, East-Indian food)
- Nutrition MD – Recipes, resources and nutrition tips »
- Plant Based Plate Method » Physicians for Responsible Medicine version of the USDA “Plate Method” which includes low fat, plant-based foods.
Take Education Courses
Menus and Recipes
Menu Planning –
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”