This webinar “Diabetes in the 21st Century” is hosted by the Registered Nurses Professional Association and taught by Coach Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES.
This exciting course is intended to provide you with helpful tools in managing people living with diabetes. Diabetes care will be presented through a dynamic presentation with case studies and strategies to succeed in today’s fast-paced world. This course will also include updates on the latest advances in diabetes care and critical elements of diabetes management, prevention, and education. Our goal is to provide as many diabetes clinical “pearls” as possible, so participants leave the webinar with practical approaches to educate the people they work with and feel more empowered when advocating for excellence in diabetes care.
• Describe the impact of diabetes in the U.S.
• Discuss diabetes prevention and management strategies.
• Differentiate the different types of diabetes
• Describe effective insulin therapy strategies
• Gain understanding of type 2 diabetes medication regimens
• Review glucose patterns and determine appropriate adjustments to therapy for better glycemic control
• Describe basics of carb counting
• Discuss healthy G.I . Flora and healthy eating
• Demonstrate successful teaching techniques
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, has been Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management for over 15 years. She is an Associate Clinical Professor at UCSF, a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
CEs: 7.5 CEs
Fee: $25 for RNPA Members – $75 for Non-Members
Register Online: Click here
Flyer: Click here