Join our Live Seminar in San Diego, CA
Sept 4th – 6th, 2019 | Earn 35+ CEs
“More than a course, it’s an experience!”
Top 5 Reasons to Join >>
Diabetes Educator Course | San Diego Brochure
Come join us at our, Diabetes Educator Course in sunny San Diego, CA. Whether you are new to diabetes or a seasoned expert, you’ll leave our live seminar with the latest research plus teaching tools you can immediately apply to your clinical practice.
Beverly Thomassian and her teaching team translate the complex science of diabetes into understandable terms while keeping it real, practical and fun.
Dates: September 4th – 6th, 2019
Location: Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
Time: The course is Wednesday through Friday. Join us for breakfast at 7:00 a.m. each day. The class begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday and at 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
Dates: September 4th – 6th, 2019
Registration Fee: $599
Friend Discount: 2 or more only $509 per person for Course plus Insulin Workshop. To inquire about a group discount, please email email@example.com for your custom discount code.
Who should attend? Health care professionals interested in taking the CDE® or BC-ADM exam or those seeking a state of the art review of current diabetes care. We also invite those in looking for hours to renew or apply for the CDE®* or BC-ADM exam.
Team of Experts:
Our team of expert faculty
has been fine-tuning this course for over 20 years and we know what you need to succeed! In addition to informative lectures, we also use group activities and case studies to highlight the essential knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to succeed in diabetes education today!
Registration Fee includes:
- 3 Days: of critical information delivered by passionate speakers in an engaging and fun format!
- 21 CEs: earned at the Live Seminar
- 12 Bonus Online Courses, Earn 13.35 CEs: As a course attendee, you automatically receive a bonus online course bundle of 12 online courses worth valued over $179. Coach Beverly carefully chose each of these courses based on student feedback on which content best helped them succeed at the CDE® Exam and in their clinical practice. You will be given instruction after you purchase the course on how to enroll in our Online University and get started!
- Additional: 100+ page syllabus, healthy breakfast all days, gourmet lunch both days and refreshments. Plus, CE certificates and a fun and engaging learning environment.
We’ve added a course! Within the new Diabetes Educator paradigm, educators are expected to have a working knowledge of the latest technologies that support independence and safety for people living with diabetes
*Understanding Diabetes Technologies – From Insulin Pens to Pumps and beyond
The role of diabetes educators is evolving with the advent of apps, Pumps, CGMs and the emergence of automated delivery systems.
As people with diabetes increase their use of technology, diabetes educators need to possess advanced and distinct knowledge in the use of technology. This knowledge will provide new opportunities to advance your career while improving diabetes outcomes.
Diabetes Educator Course Topics Include:
- Current State of Diabetes ADA Standards of Care
- Person-Centered Care for Type 1, Type 2, LADA, GDM
- Medical Evaluation, Risk Identification
- Diabetes Prevention
- Glycemic Targets Across the Lifespan
- Landmark Studies
- Medications for Type 2
- Pharmacology Algorithms – AACE and ADA
- Cardiovascular Monitoring and Management
- Assessing and Supporting Coping Skills
- Insulin – The Ultimate Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Insulin Pattern Management and Dosing Strategies
- Sick Days, Monitoring Hospitalization and Lower Extremities
- Diabetes Tools for the Visually Impaired
- Microvascular Disease – Screening Guidelines and Risk Reduction
- Promoting Behavior Change – Flourishing with Diabetes
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Meal Planning – Hot to Eat by the Numbers
- Adjusting Meal Planning based on individual assessment
- Understanding Diabetes Technologies – from insulin Pens to Pumps and beyond
Seminar Location: Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station – 2592 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106
This modern hotel is 1.7 miles from the San Diego International Airport and only 4 miles from SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo and downtown. Great walking paths right outside the hotel lobby.
- Sleeping rooms for attendees start at $172/night for the nights of September 3-6, 2019.
- The last day to book to get this discount is 8/3/19.
- Conference attendees may book rooms by clicking on this link or calling (619) 221-1900 directly or toll-free number (800) 321-2211.
- Please ask for the Diabetes Education, or group code “EDU”.
: The Diabetes Educator Live Course is approved for 21 Contact Hours for nurses and CA Pharmacists and 18 CPE, Level III for RDs. Provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # 12640 and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider # DI002. Need hours for your CDE®
? We have great news. This program is accredited by the CDR so all hours of instruction can be used to renew your CDE®
regardless of your profession. **
Refund Policy: In the case of non-attendance, attendees will receive a full refund minus a $75 administrative fee.
Can’t attend our live courses? You can still benefit from our free live webinars, articles and resources and Level 2 Online courses. Whatever you decide. be reassured that we are committed to providing you with the highest quality programs to help you on your journey as a diabetes educator.
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”
**To satisfy the requirement for renewal of certification by continuing education for the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE), continuing education activities must be applicable to diabetes and approved by a provider on the NCBDE List of Recognized Providers (www.ncbde.org). NCBDE does not approve continuing education. Diabetes Education Services is accredited/approved by the Commission of Dietetic Registration which is on the list of NCBDE Recognized Providers.”