This course is an essential review for anyone in the field of diabetes. We highlight the goals of care the American Diabetes Association’s Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes and provide critical teaching points and updates for health care professionals involved in diabetes care and education. Strategies on providing a quick and effective foot and lower extremity assessment are also discussed.
- State 3 determinants of health and how they can impact diabetes self-care.
- List steps to address prediabetes
- Describe goals of care for glucose, heart disease, pediatrics and older adults
- Discuss standards and goals for lower extremity care
Intended Audience: A critical course for anyone in the field of diabetes education who wants to learn more about the goals of care for glucose, heart disease, pediatrics, and older adult.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
This course is included in: Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 65%.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 11, 2022 – Class 1 – Getting to the Nitty Gritty 1.5 CEs
- January 13, 2022 – Class 2 -Nutrition and Exercise 1.5 CEs
- January 18, 2022 – Class 3 – Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management 1.75 CEs
- January 20, 2022 – Class 4 – Meds Overview for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- January 25, 2022 – Class 5 – Goals of Care & Lower Extremity Assessment – 1.5 CEs
- January 27, 2022 – Class 6 – Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, & Monitoring 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information