This course is an introduction to the abundance of medications available to treat type 2 diabetes. We explore the different classes of diabetes medications including action, considerations, and side effects. Case studies help students with problem-solving and immediate application of this complex topic.
- Describe the main action of the different categories of type 2 diabetes medications
- Discuss strategies to determine the right medication for the right patient
- List the side effects and clinical considerations of each category of medication
- State how to use ADA Medication algorithm to improve care
Intended Audience: A critical course for anyone in the field of diabetes education who is involved in medication initiation, adjustment and management.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
This course is included in: Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 65%.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals to join us for the below 2023 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 10, 2023 – Class 1 – Getting to the Nitty Gritty 1.5 CEs
- January 12, 2023 – Class 2 – Nutrition and Exercise 1.5 CEs
- January 17, 2023 – Class 3 – Meds Overview for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- January 19, 2023 – Class 4 – Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management 1.5 CEs
- January 24, 2023 – Class 5 – Goals of Care – 1.5 CEs
- January 26, 2023 – Class 6 – Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, Monitoring, Foot Care 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information