Reviews the latest national nutrition guidelines and provides strategies to translate this information to our individual patients. We delve into the recent exercise recommendations and provide realistic strategies to help keep patients active and engaged.
- The essential components of nutrition and exercise therapy
- How lifestyle can impact blood glucose levels and quality of life.
- Teaching strategies for keeping it real for our patients
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in course.
Earn 1.5 CEs
This course is included in: Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 65%.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals to join us for the below 2021 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 12, 2021 – Class 1 – Getting to the Nitty Gritty 1.5 CEs
- January 14, 2021 – Class 2 -Nutrition and Exercise 1.5 CEs
- January 19, 2020 – Class 3 – Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management 1.5 CEs
- January 21, 2021 – Class 4 – Meds Overview for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- January 26, 2021 – Class 5 – Goals of Care 2020 – 1.5 CEs
- January 28, 2021 – Class 6 – Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, Monitoring, Foot Care 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information