This course includes updated goals and guidelines for children living with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. This course discusses the special issues diabetes educators need to be aware of when working with children with diabetes and their families. We discuss the clinical presentation of diabetes, goals of care, and normal growth and development through the early years through adolescence. Strategies to prevent acute and long term complications are included with an emphasis on positive coping for family and child with diabetes.
- Discuss the goals of care for Type 1 and Type 2 Kids with Diabetes
- State Strategies to prevent acute and chronic complications
- Discuss the importance of positive psychosocial adjustment and resources
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- Recorded on December 15, 2021 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- Recorded on December 21, 2021 – Assessing and Promoting Well-Being: From Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 3, 2022 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 17, 2022 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
- March 22, 2022 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- March 24, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- April 26, 2022 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- April 28, 2022 – Critical Assessment of Diabetes Patient 2.0 CEs
- May 10, 2022 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 12, 2022 – Older Adults and DIabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 17, 2022 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 19, 2022 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 26, 2022 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information