Research clearly demonstrates the importance of glucose control during hospitalization to improve outcomes not only in the inpatient setting but after discharge. This course reviews the evidence that supports inpatient glucose control and outlines practical strategies to achieve targets in the inpatient setting. We incorporate the latest ADA Standards and provide links to resources and inpatient management templates.
- The impact of hyperglycemia in the hospital setting
- The importance of inpatient glucose control
- Three strategies to get glucose to goal in the hospital setting
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- Recorded on December 15, 2021 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- Recorded on December 21, 2021 – Assessing and Promoting Well-Being: From Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 3, 2022 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 17, 2022 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
- March 22, 2022 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- March 24, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- April 26, 2022 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- April 28, 2022 – Critical Assessment of Diabetes Patient 2.0 CEs
- May 10, 2022 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 12, 2022 – Older Adults and DIabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 17, 2022 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 19, 2022 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 26, 2022 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information