This course offers critical content that will help with certification exam success. Coach Beverly will delve into Social Determinants of health, assessment strategies, & behavior change approaches.
She will explore the psychosocial issues that can discourage individuals from adopting healthier behaviors & provide strategies to identify & overcome these barriers. Life studies are used to apply theory to real-life situations. This is a great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education or for those looking for a new perspective on assessment & coping strategies.
- State strategies to assess & address social determinants of health.
- Discuss healthcare delivery systems using a person-centered approach.
- List screening tools that can help detect depression, trauma, & cognitive decline.
- Describe psycho-social & emotional barriers to diabetes self-management.
- Provide strategies for healthcare professionals to identify & overcome barriers to self-care.
Intended Audience: An important course for health care professionals working toward certification, that includes a comprehensive review of the components of population health and individual assessment.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working diabetes specialist and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 | Standards of Care Intensive
Diabetes Specialist Online Standards of Care Intensive Webinar Updates
All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- December 12, 2023 – Class 2: Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- December 19, 2023 – Class 3: How to Assess Well-Being | From Populations to Individuals | 1.5 CEs
- December 21, 2023 – Class 1: Meds Management Update for Type 2 Diabetes | 1.5 CE
- February 1, 2024 – Class 4: ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 27, 2024 – Class 5: Critical Assessment in Diabetes Care | Fine-Tuning Diabetes Detective Skills | 2.0 CEs
- April 11, 2024 – Class 6: Microvascular Complications Prevention & Treatment | Eye, Kidney, Nerve Disease | 1.75 CEs
- April 25, 2024 – Class 7: Cardiovascular Disease & Risk Management | 1.5 CEs
- April 30, 2024 – Class 8: Lower Extremity Assessment | 1.5 CEs
- May 2, 2024 – Class 9: Older Adults & Diabetes | 1.5 CEs
- May 30, 2024 – Class 10: From Tots to Teens | Diabetes Standards | 1.5 CEs
- June 11, 2024 – Class 11: Pregnancy & Diabetes | 1.5 CEs
- June 13, 2024 – Class 12: Hospitals & Hyperglycemia | 1.5 CEs
- June 20, 2024 – Class 13: Setting up a Successful DSME Program | 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information