Glucose control in the hospital matters! This course provides participants with a step-by-step approach to safely and effectively implement Basal Bolus Insulin Therapy in the inpatient setting. We discuss appropriate insulin dosing based on the patient’s clinical presentation and apply dosing strategies to a variety of case studies. Included are hard-to-manage situations that commonly occur in hospital settings and a discussion of solutions that will keep patients safe and get glucose levels to goal. In addition, sample basal/bolus and insulin drip guidelines plus lots of resource articles are included.
- Discussing appropriate insulin dosing based on the patient’s clinical presentation
- Applying dosing strategies to a variety of case studies
- Introduce hard-to-manage situations that commonly occur in hospital settings
- A discussion of solutions that will keep patients safe and get glucose levels to goal
- Sample basal/bolus and insulin drip guidelines plus lots of resource articles are included
Intended Audience: These courses are knowledge-based activities designed for individual or groups of diabetes educators, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants and other health care providers interested in enhancing their knowledge of management of inpatient hyperglycemia.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working diabetes specialist and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 4 | Advanced & Specialty Topic Courses to join us for the below 2023 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
Clinical Practice & Assessment
- July 27, 2023 – Class 1: Type 2 Diabetes Intensive | 2 CEs
- August 10, 2023 – Class 2: 3 Steps to DeFeet Amputation; Assess, Screen, & Report | 1.0 CEs
- August 14, 2023 – Class 3: Cancer & Diabetes | 1.25 CEs
Insulin Calculations & Pattern Management
- August 22, 2023 – Class 4: Insulin Calculation Workshop | From Pumps & Beyond | 1.5 CEs
- August 29, 2023 – Class 5: Solving Glucose Mysteries for Type 1 | 1.5 CEs
- August 31, 2023 – Class 6: Solving Glucose Mysteries for Type 2 | 1.5 CEs
- October 24, 2023 – Class 7: Basal Bolus Therapy in Hospital |1.5 CEs
Beyond the Usual Diabetes Topics
- November 16, 2023 – Class 8: Getting to the Gut (& Skin) | 1.0 CEs
- Class 9: The Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences on Health | 1.0 CE – Ready for OnDemand Viewing
- July 12, 2023 – Class 10: What We Say Matters: Language that Respects the Individual and Imparts Hope | 0.5 CEs
- Class 11: Mindfulness & Compassion in the Diabetes Encounter Webinar | 1.0 CE – Ready for OnDemand Viewing
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information