Healthcare professionals are invited to this first-ever special education and networking event!
Join us at 6 pm to meet with diabetes product representatives and enjoy finger foods, wine, and artwork while catching up with colleagues. Then, at 7:15 pm, Beverly Thomassian will provide a content-rich 75-minute presentation highlighting the latest standards in Diabetes Care, followed by a question and answer session, with wrap-up by 9:00 pm.
Join this Premiere Event on Saturday March 2nd, in Chico, CA at monca (Museum of Northern California Art), from 6 – 9 pm.
- Attend this premiere event – network with local diabetes care providers and diabetes industry professionals. Learn about resources, new medications and technology available to manage diabetes.
- Get the latest updates on the ADA Diabetes Care Standards and meet your CDCES & BC-ADM annual CE requirement. Beverly Thomassian, will be presenting a whirlwind review of the new 2024 ADA standards of Care and providing CEs.
- Enjoy monca’s art exhibits along with a special art display of pieces by people with diabetes with a focus on the contributions of health care professionals. We are so excited to be able to showcase the art work of our community persons with diabetes and also bring awareness to the local health care community on diabetes management and resources.
- Enjoy finger foods, treats and wine while connecting with colleagues.
(All proceeds go to fund future educational programs)!
CE certificates will be awarded at the program’s conclusion.
Space is limited, so please register early.
Seeking artwork: We are looking for artwork created by people living with diabetes. If you know of anyone who might be interested in contributing, please email us aadechicoLNG@gmail.com.
The North State Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists Local Networking Group is sponsoring this event. All proceeds will be donated to the North State Diabetes Group education fund.
This evening event takes place at Monca (Museum of Northern California Art) 900 Esplanade, Chico, CA 95926\
Presentation: ADA Standards of Care Update Objectives (1.5 CE’s)
- A review of changes & updates to the annual ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes.
- Identification of key elements of the position statement.
- Discussion of how diabetes educators can apply this information in their clinical setting.
Intended Audience: This course is a knowledge-based activity designed for individuals or groups of diabetes professionals, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, and other healthcare providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with prediabetes, diabetes, and other related conditions.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, has been Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management for over 20 years. She is an Associate Clinical Professor at UCSF, a working educator, and a nationally recognized diabetes expert. She has a Master’s Degree in Public Health from UCLA, with a focus on behavioral health and education.
Accreditation: Diabetes Education Services is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider 12640, and Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), Provider DI002. Since these programs are approved by the CDR it satisfies the CE requirements for the CDCES /BC-ADM regardless of your profession. The North State Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists Local Networking Group sponsors this event.