This course provides an overview of the impact of diabetes on our communities. We compare & contrast prediabetes, type 1, & type 2 diabetes LADA & incorporate effective teaching strategies. Diagnostic criteria & risk factor screening are reviewed along with case studies to highlight key points.
- Discuss factors contributing to increased prevalence.
- Describe pathophysiological defects associated with the development of diabetes mellitus.
- Differentiate the different types: Prediabetes, Type 1, Type 2 & GDM.
- Discuss new language guidelines.
- Describe the impact of insulin resistance.
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone entering the field of diabetes education or for those looking for a new perspective the current state of diabetes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working diabetes specialist and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.0 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 | Diabetes Fundamentals
Diabetes Fundamentals Sessions 2024 Webinar Updates
All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 11, 2024 – Class 1: Getting to the Nitty Gritty | 1.5 CEs
- January 16, 2024 – Class 2: Nutrition & Exercise 1.5 | CEs
- January 18, 2024 – Class 3: Meds Overview for Type 2 | 1.5 CEs
- January 23, 2024 – Class 4: Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management | 1.75 CEs
- January 25, 2024 –Class 5: Goals of Care & Lower Extremity Assessment | 1.5 CEs
- January 30, 2024 – Class 6: Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, & Monitoring | 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information