This course reviews the latest national nutrition guidelines and provides strategies to translate this information to individuals. We delve into the recent exercise recommendations and provide realistic strategies to help keep individuals active and engaged.
- Discuss Self-management strategies.
- Listing Nutrition Guidelines for people with diabetes.
- Describe current MNT recommendations.
- List 3 teaching strategies for success.
- State ADA Exercise Guidelines highlights.
- Discuss goals and safety precautions for diabetes and exercise.
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working diabetes specialist and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 | Diabetes Fundamentals
Diabetes Fundamentals Sessions 2024 Webinar Updates
All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 11, 2024 – Class 1: Getting to the Nitty Gritty | 1.5 CEs
- January 16, 2024 – Class 2: Nutrition & Exercise 1.5 | CEs
- January 18, 2024 – Class 3: Meds Overview for Type 2 | 1.5 CEs
- January 23, 2024 – Class 4: Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management | 1.75 CEs
- January 25, 2024 –Class 5: Goals of Care & Lower Extremity Assessment | 1.5 CEs
- January 30, 2024 – Class 6: Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, & Monitoring | 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information