This course provides an overview of the impact of diabetes in our communities. We compare and contrast prediabetes, type 1, type 2 diabetes LADA and incorporate effective teaching strategies. Diagnostic criteria and risk factor screening are reviewed along with case studies to highlight key points.
- Discuss factors contributing to increased prevalence
- Describe pathophysiological defects associated with the development of diabetes mellitus
- Differentiate the different types: Prediabetes, Type 1, Type 2 and GDM
- Discuss new language guidelines
- Describe the impact of insulin resistance
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone entering the field of diabetes education or for those looking for a new perspective on the current state of diabetes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Earn 1.5 CEs
This course is included in: Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 65%.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 11, 2022 – Class 1 – Getting to the Nitty Gritty 1.5 CEs
- January 13, 2022 – Class 2 -Nutrition and Exercise 1.5 CEs
- January 18, 2022 – Class 3 – Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management 1.5 CEs
- January 20, 2022 – Class 4 – Meds Overview for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- January 25, 2022 – Class 5 – Goals of Care – 1.5 CEs
- January 27, 2022 – Class 6 – Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, Monitoring, Foot Care 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information