This course reviews the latest national nutrition guidelines and provides strategies to translate this information to our individual patients. We delve into the recent exercise recommendations and provide realistic strategies to help keep patients active and engaged.
- Discuss Self-management strategies
- Listing Nutrition Guidelines for patients
- Describe current MNT recommendations
- List 3 teachings strategies for success
- State ADA Exercise Guidelines highlights
- Discuss goals and safety precautions for diabetes and exercise
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Earn 1.5 CEs
This course is included in: Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 65%.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 – Diabetes Fundamentals to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 11, 2022 – Class 1 – Getting to the Nitty Gritty 1.5 CEs
- January 13, 2022 – Class 2 – Nutrition and Exercise 1.5 CEs
- January 18, 2022 – Class 3 – Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management 1.75 CEs
- January 20, 2022 – Class 4 – Meds Overview for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- January 25, 2022 – Class 5 – Goals of Care – 1.5 CEs
- January 27, 2022 – Class 6 – Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, Monitoring, Foot Care 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information