This course is an introduction to the abundance of medications available to treat type 2 diabetes. We explore the different classes of diabetes medications including action, considerations & side effects. Case studies help students with problem-solving & immediate application of this complex topic.
- Describe the main action of the different categories of type 2 diabetes medications.
- Discuss strategies to determine the right medication for the right individual.
- List the side effects and clinical considerations of each category of medication.
- State how to use the ADA Medication algorithm to improve care.
Intended Audience: A critical course for anyone in the field of diabetes education who is involved in medication initiation, adjustment and management.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working diabetes specialist and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 1 | Diabetes Fundamentals
Diabetes Fundamentals Sessions 2024 Webinar Updates
All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- January 11, 2024 – Class 1: Getting to the Nitty Gritty | 1.5 CEs
- January 16, 2024 – Class 2: Nutrition & Exercise 1.5 | CEs
- January 18, 2024 – Class 3: Meds Overview for Type 2 | 1.5 CEs
- January 23, 2024 – Class 4: Insulin Therapy & Pattern Management | 1.75 CEs
- January 25, 2024 –Class 5: Goals of Care & Lower Extremity Assessment | 1.5 CEs
- January 30, 2024 – Class 6: Hypoglycemia, Sick Days, & Monitoring | 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information