This course, updated annually, is an essential review for anyone in the field of diabetes. Join Coach Beverly as she summarizes the 2023 updates to the American Diabetes Association’s Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes and provides critical teaching points and content for healthcare professionals involved in diabetes care and education.
- List significant changes and updates to the 2023 ADA Standards of Medical Care.
- State 3 updates on new blood pressure and lipid goals.
- Identify 5 key elements of the position statement.
- Discuss how to apply the Standards in the clinical setting and in preparation for exam success.
Intended Audience: This course is a knowledge-based activity designed for individuals or groups of diabetes professionals, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, and other health care providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with prediabetes, diabetes and other related conditions.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working diabetes specialist and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 2.0 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2023 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- December 1, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- December 8, 2022 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- December 20, 2022 – Assessing Well-Being: Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- February 2, 2023 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 28, 2023 – Critical Assessment | Fine-Tuning Diabetes Detective Skills Standards 2.0 CEs
- April 11, 2023 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- May 4, 2023 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 9, 2023 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- May 11, 2023 – Older Adults and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 18, 2023 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 25, 2023 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 30, 2023 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
- June 1, 2023 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information