This presentation will include the latest information on Social Determinants of health, assessment strategies, and approaches. We will explore the psychosocial issues that can discourage individuals from adopting healthier behaviors and provides strategies to identify and overcome these barriers. Life studies are used to apply theory to real-life situations. A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education or for those looking for a new perspective on assessment and coping strategies.
- State strategies to assess and address social determinants of health
- Discuss health care delivery systems using a person-centered approach
- List screening tools that can help detect depression, trauma, and cognitive decline
- Describe psycho-social and emotional barriers to diabetes self-management
- Provide strategies for healthcare professionals to identify and overcome barriers to self-care
Intended Audience: A great course for healthcare professionals in the field of diabetes education looking for a straightforward explanation of identification and treatment of hyperglycemic crises.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- December 15, 2021 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- December 21, 2021 – Assessing and Promoting Well-Being: From Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- February 3, 2022 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 24, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- March 29, 2022 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- April 26, 2022 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- April 28, 2022 – Critical Assessment of Diabetes Patient 2.0 CEs
- May 10, 2022 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 12, 2022 – Older Adults and DIabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 17, 2022 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 19, 2022 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 26, 2022 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
- July 21, 2022 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information