We are updating this course to reflect the 2021 ADA Standards of Care. This presentation will include the latest information on Social Determinants of health, assessment strategies and approaches. We will explore the psychosocial issues that can discourage individuals from adopting healthier behaviors and provides strategies to identify and overcome these barriers. Life studies are used to apply theory to real life situations. A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education or for those looking for a new perspective on assessment and coping strategies.
- Name assessment areas of healthy coping
- List psycho-social and emotional barriers
- Provide strategies for healthcare professionals to identify and overcome barriers
- Discuss strategies to develop an individualized diabetes education plan
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone entering the field of diabetes education or for those looking for a new perspective the current state of diabetes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in course.
Earn 1.5 CEs
This course is included in: Level 2 – Standards of Care Intensive. Purchase this course individually for $29 or the entire bundle and save 70%.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care Intensive to join us for the below for Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- December 23, 2020 – Older Adults & Diabetes – 1.5 CEs
- December 29, 2020 – Assessing Coping Skills Standards – 1.5 CEs
- December 30, 2020 – Hyperglycemic Crisis Standards – 1.0 CEs
- February 2, 2021 – 2021 Standards of Care Update – 2.0 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information