This course takes a close look at insulin resistance syndrome and vascular complications. We discuss the impact of vessel disease from the heart to the toes. Included is a discussion of identifying and preventing vascular disease and a comprehensive review of the latest ADA Standards of Care for heart disease.
- The impact of insulin resistance and hyperglycemia on vessel disease
- State the complications and factors associated with vascular disease
- List management goals to reduce the risk of vascular disease
- Discuss strategies to promote health
Intended Audience: Designed for healthcare professionals seeking to delve into the links between heart disease and diabetes and gain prevention strategies to pass along to patients and communities.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2023 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- December 1, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- December 8, 2022 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- December 20, 2022 – Assessing Well-Being: Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- February 2, 2023 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 28, 2023 – Critical Assessment – Honing your Diabetes Detective Skills | 2.0 CEs
- April 11, 2023 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- April 13, 2023 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 11, 2023 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- May 16, 2023 – Older Adults and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 18, 2023 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 25, 2023 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 30, 2023 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
- June 1, 2023 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information