This course provides you with the need-to-know information regarding the microvascular complications of diabetes. We start with a brief overview of the pathophysiology and clinical manifestations then sum up with prevention strategies and screening guidelines. This straight-forward program will provide you with information you can use in your clinical setting and also provides critical content for the diabetes educator exam.
- Eye, kidney and nerve disease
- Modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for diabetes complications
- Screening guidelines and prevention strategies.
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- Recorded on December 15, 2021 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- Recorded on December 21, 2021 – Assessing and Promoting Well-Being: From Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 3, 2022 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 17, 2022 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
- March 22, 2022 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- March 24, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- April 26, 2022 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- April 28, 2022 – Critical Assessment of Diabetes Patient 2.0 CEs
- May 10, 2022 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 12, 2022 – Older Adults and DIabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 17, 2022 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 19, 2022 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 26, 2022 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information