This course integrates the ADA Standard of Care on elements of a comprehensive medical assessment (Standard 4) of the individual living with prediabetes, diabetes, or hyperglycemia. Through case studies and real-life situations, we discover often hidden causes of hyperglycemia and other complications, such as liver disease, sleep apnea, pancreatitis, autoimmune diseases, fractures, and more. We delve into therapy for complicated situations and discuss management strategies for other conditions associated with hyperglycemia such as Cystic Fibrosis, and Transplants. Join us for this unique and interesting approach to assessing and evaluating the hidden complications of diabetes.
- Identify common yet often underdiagnosed complications associated with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- State strategies to identify previously undiscovered diabetes complications during assessments.
- Discuss links between hyperglycemia and other conditions including, transplant, cystic fibrosis and liver disease.
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- Recorded on December 15, 2021 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- Recorded on December 21, 2021 – Assessing and Promoting Well-Being: From Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 3, 2022 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 17, 2022 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
- March 22, 2022 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- March 24, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- April 26, 2022 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- April 28, 2022 – Critical Assessment of Diabetes Patient 2.0 CEs
- May 10, 2022 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 12, 2022 – Older Adults and DIabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 17, 2022 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 19, 2022 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 26, 2022 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information