Pregnancy with diabetes is confronted with a variety of issues that require special attention, education, and understanding. This course reviews those special needs while focusing on Gestational Diabetes and Pre-Existing Diabetes. Included are the most recent diagnostic criteria, management goals, and prevention of complications during pregnancy. A helpful review for the CDCES Exam and for those who want more information on people who are pregnant and live with Diabetes.
- Three issues that affect pregnancy with diabetes
- The unique attributes of pre-existing diabetes in pregnancy and gestational diabetes
- Diagnostic criteria and management goals for gestational diabetes
- Potential short term and long term complications of fetal exposure to hypoglycemia
- Prevention measures to keep parent and baby healthy
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2023 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- December 1, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- December 8, 2022 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- December 20, 2022 – Assessing Well-Being: Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- February 2, 2023 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 28, 2023 – Critical Assessment of Diabetes Patient 2.0 CEs
- April 11, 2023 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- May 4, 2023 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 9, 2023 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- May 11, 2023 – Older Adults and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 18, 2023 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 25, 2023 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 30, 2023 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
- June 1, 2023 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information