Pregnancy with diabetes is confronted with a variety of issues that require special attention, education, and understanding. This course reviews those special needs while focusing on Gestational Diabetes and Pre-Existing Diabetes. Included are the most recent diagnostic criteria, management goals, and prevention of complications during pregnancy. A helpful review for the CDCES Exam and for those who want more information on people who are pregnant and live with Diabetes.
- Three issues that affect pregnancy with diabetes
- The unique attributes of pre-existing diabetes in pregnancy and gestational diabetes
- Diagnostic criteria and management goals for gestational diabetes
- Potential short term and long term complications of fetal exposure to hypoglycemia
- Prevention measures to keep parent and baby healthy
Intended Audience: A great course for anyone in the field of diabetes education seeking evidence-based information supporting lifestyle changes.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
Earn 1.5 CEs
Fee: $29.00 – Click here to enroll in the course.
Enroll in our entire Level 2 – Standards of Care to join us for the below 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)
- Recorded on December 15, 2021 – Hyperglycemic Crises, DKA & HHS Standards | 1.0 CE
- Recorded on December 21, 2021 – Assessing and Promoting Well-Being: From Population Health to a Person-Centered Approach Standards | 1.5 CEs
- Recorded on February 3, 2022 – ADA Standards of Care | 2.0 CEs
- March 17, 2022 – Setting up a Successful Diabetes Program 1.5 CEs
- March 22, 2022 – Lower Extremity Assessment 1.5 CEs
- March 24, 2022 – Meds Management for Type 2 – 1.5 CEs
- April 26, 2022 – Microvascular Complications, Eye, Kidney Nerve Disease 1.5 CEs
- April 28, 2022 – Critical Assessment of Diabetes Patient 2.0 CEs
- May 10, 2022 – Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 12, 2022 – Older Adults and DIabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 17, 2022 – Tots to Teens – Diabetes Standards 1.5 CEs
- May 19, 2022 – Pregnancy and Diabetes 1.5 CEs
- May 26, 2022 – Hospital and Hyperglycemia 1.5 CEs
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information