This course reviews the effective use of insulin therapy to improve glucose control. Learn how to look at glucose patterns and determine appropriate insulin adjustment strategies. Also included are formulas to calculate therapy based on national guidelines.
- Discuss the actions of different insulins
- Describe pattern management as an insulin adjustment tool
- State how to calculate insulin needs and determine basal-bolus insulin dosing
- List teaching tools for insulin administration
Intended Audience: This library of critical information is designed for individuals or groups of diabetes specialists, including RNs, RDs, Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Physician Assistants, and other health care providers interested in staying up to date on current practices of care for people with diabetes and preparing for the BC-ADM or the CDCES certification Exam.
Instructor: Beverly Thomassian RN, MPH, CDCES, BC-ADM is a working educator and a nationally recognized diabetes expert.
This course is part of our Level 3 – Boot Camp. Enroll in our entire Level 3 – Boot Camp to join us for the following 2022 Live Webinar Updates. All courses air at 11:30 a.m. (PST)*
- February 8, 2022 – Class 1 – Diabetes – Not Just Hyperglycemia 1.75 CEs
- February 10, 2022 – Class 2 – Standards of Care & Cardiovascular Goals 1.5 CEs
- February 15, 2022 – Class 3 – Insulin Therapy – From Basal/Bolus to Pattern Management 1.5 CEs
- February 17, 2022 – Class 4 – Insulin Intensive – Monitoring, Sick Days, Lower Extremities 1.5 CEs
- February 22, 2022 – Class 5 – Meds for Type 2 – What you need to know 1.5 CEs
- February 24, 2022 – Class 6 – (Exercise and) Medical Nutrition Therapy 1.5 CEs
- March 1, 2022 – Class 7 – Microvascular Complications and Exercise – Focus on Prevention 1.5 CEs
- March 3, 2022 – Class 8 – Coping and Behavior Change 1.5 CEs
- March 8, 2022 – Class 9 – Test-Taking Coach Session (48 Questions) No CEs
*dates subject to change
All hours earned count toward your CDCES Accreditation Information