Live Seminar Preparation Essentials:
- Bonus Online Courses: included in your live seminar registration are 11 Online Bonus Courses through the Diabetes Education Services Online University. Click this link to get started.
- Monitoring, Sick Days and Hospitalization 37 minute webinar – Watch NOW
This 40 minute web clinic will review the critical content for the CDE Exam through case studies and sample questions. This content covers the content from Day 1 on pages 78-85 in the Diabetes Ed Course Syllabus.
- PreTest: Diabetes Educator Course 100 Question Practice Test 2018 – please be sure to take this test before the live seminar either online or this paper version! The online version is available through your Online University “Preparing for the CDE® Exam” course.
- FREE CDE Coach App: Download CDE® 2018 Examination Content Outline » from NCBDE Handbook
- ADA Standards of Care 2018: This yearly publication by the American Diabetes Association outlines the goals of care for diabetes management and is imperative to CDE® preparation.
- Use of Language in Diabetes Care and Education – 2017 ADA & AADE
- Language is powerful and can have a strong impact on perceptions as well as behavior. This article provides recommendations for language used by health care professionals and others when discussing diabetes through spoken or written words whether directed to people with diabetes, colleagues, or the generalpublic, as well as research questions related to language and diabetes.
- Sign up for the Pump It Up Advanced Workshop: Get the latest information on insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring from an expert. This workshop will answer your questions and provide valuable insights.
Additional Resources for the Diabetes Educator Course
Inpatient Forms from Lonnie Vaughn
Resources from Diane – Psychosocial Issues and Coping
Resources From Beverly
Medication Summary Sheets and Study Tools – provides a complete summary of the class, action, dosing ranges, considerations and side effects. Helpful for your clinical practice and as a study tool.
Resources From Dana – Nutrition Related Information
Plant Based Resources for your own information
Pump it Up Workshop – Resource Articles
Handouts for The Bionic Pancreas Workshop on Friday afternoon – Insulin Pumps and Sensors presented by Dana Armstrong, RD, CDE.
Consumer Guides to Insulin Pumps – Concise comparison of the features of various pumps
Rate of Change – an article that provides useful info on insulin pump rate calculations
Other Related Resources
- Flash Mob Steps
- Diabetes Meds on a Budget » this article by Beverly Thomassian, provides practical and affordable strategies to manage hyperglycemia when funds are limited.
- Diabetes Detectives Finding Uncommon Conditions » This article authored by Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDE®, BC-ADM, provides health care professionals with strategies to detect common, yet often underdiagnosed, complications associated with hyperglycemia and diabetes. It also describes how medications, organ transplants, and chronic illnesses can cause hyperglycemia.
- Diabetes Mellitus and Metabolic Syndrome » This chapter authored by Beverly Thomassian, RN, MPH, CDE®, BC-ADM, originally appeared in Cardiac Nursing Textbook, 6th Ed, 2009, published by Wolters Kluwer and Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
Click here for a listing of Related Websites that offer resources and information that will be useful in your practice
We invite you to visit our comprehensive library of articles and resources – See more »
*Certified Diabetes Educator® and CDE® are registered marks owned by NCBDE. The use of DES products do not guarantee successful passage of the CDE® exam. NCBDE does not endorse any preparatory or review materials for the CDE® exam, except for those published by NCBDE.”